Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Big Thank-You and 100 Nights of Reading!

First of all thank-you for spoiling me during Teacher's Appreciation Week! I enjoyed the letters, cards, special treats and gifts. I do enjoy my job and look forward to coming to work each day but it is always nice to feel appreciated so thank-you.

We had such an nice time at our Family Math Games Day. It was nice to see moms, dads, grandparents and aunties. I had many parents comment on how they could better understand their child's math thinking and progress after playing some of the games. I loved how that no matter how many games I put out, Checkers is always the favourite. I do know that research has shown that children who play games such as Checkers and Chess do better in math. Problem solving, planning ahead, being able to see various possibilities etc are all skills that can be applied to all areas of life. So go ahead and get out those Checkerboards and Chess boards!

A big congratulations to 26r who completed 100 nights of reading before the February break. She is a good reader and really enjoys reading.










No comments:

Post a Comment